|Caution: Jazz Hands|
Caustic 3 is a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizers / samplers rigs.You can download it for free on google play but if you want to be able to save or export (important features!), you'll need to buy an upgrade key. At $9.99, this app is a steal.
Everything is real-time and optimized for mobile devices.
|The "press the button" page|
|"Empty" rack page|
|Rack page with machines inserted. Also note my difficulty taking screenshots without the view being obstructed by the volume slider.|
* Subsynth - Virtual analog subtractive synthesizerIn a way, calling this "limited" is all a matter of perspective. If you put all of the physical hardware equivalents of these in a room it would be considered a tragedy of excess.
* PCMSynth - Multi-sample wave synthesizer
* BassLine - 303-like monosynth
* BeatBox - 8-channel sampling drum machine
* PadSynth - Harmonic table pad synthesizer
* 8BitSynth - 8bit equation solver synthesizer
* Modular - Fully configurable and routable synthesizer
* Organ - Hammond-like tonewheel organ with rotary speaker
* Vocoder - 8-band harmonic vocoder
* FMSynth - DX-style 3-operator fm synthesizer
* KSSynth - Karplus-Strong string modeling synth
* SawSynth - Supersaw-type polysynth
|The pattern editor/sequencer|
|Editing a pattern|
|Sprite and Milo|